Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 06 Prowler, has 113hrs. on it, I just bought it, took the cover off to measure the belt, i got 35.22mm, I thought I saw somewhere that new was supposed to be 38.00mm. When I was in the process of buying the guy told me it was a 07 and that is the manual A bought, are they the same from yr. to yr. and is it 38.00mm or 35.00mm like my 07 manual shows and if it is why is mine 35.22mm (bigger than the manual shows).

·
Banned
365 Posts
I got a 06 Prowler, has 113hrs. on it, I just bought it, took the cover off to measure the belt, i got 35.22mm, I thought I saw somewhere that new was supposed to be 38.00mm. When I was in the process of buying the guy told me it was a 07 and that is the manual A bought, are they the same from yr. to yr. and is it 38.00mm or 35.00mm like my 07 manual shows and if it is why is mine 35.22mm (bigger than the manual shows).
First off welcome aboard,what you need to do is get the vin number off the front of the frame on the left side.mine shows its a 2005 but it is titled as a 2006,and from 2005 to 2007 there was some small differences in the clutch area.when I put a belt on mine I just ordered one for a 2006.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
?

What are you using to determine that yours is a specific yr. my vin as a 06 in it. The guy I bought it from never got a title from the original buyer and was telling me it was a 07, he went to s.o.s. to get a title and he had to dish out $800.00, I think they dinged him for the new purchase price, he was not happy, he also went to the a.c. dealer and they told him it was a 06, by the vin #.Thanks for the welcome

·
Banned
365 Posts
What are you using to determine that yours is a specific yr. my vin as a 06 in it. The guy I bought it from never got a title from the original buyer and was telling me it was a 07, he went to s.o.s. to get a title and he had to dish out $800.00, I think they dinged him for the new purchase price, he was not happy, he also went to the a.c. dealer and they told him it was a 06, by the vin #.Thanks for the welcome
Mine has a vin number and a manufacture date,there right there together,go by the manufacture date.I got my title when I paid mine off.it was included in the price of the prowler when I bought it new.My vin and manufacture date says its a 2005 but it is titled as a 2006 because it was put in the show room Jan of 2006.hope I am not confusing you.my manual even says 2006.:happy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.