Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

My name is Kirk, I am new to the forum and Prowlers but not UTVs. I have an Odes 800 that does ranch duty most of the day. I just picked up a 2010 Prowler 1000 XTZ on Friday. It's pretty custom, and pretty sick. I would not be surprised if someone recognizes it on one of the forums as someone sunk big bucks into it.

It has:

Custom full cage with tabs for light bar, lighted whip. Integrated spare tire carrier, cage extends to include integrated rear bumper.
skinned tube suicide doors
custom bed
some kind of long travel kit w/ Walker Evans 2" RR shocks (I would love to figure out what kit it is.) The a arms are fully boxed, not boxed tube or tube, but made out of plate then welded.
Looney Tuned full Dual exhaust
some sort of CDI box. I have not been in there to figure it out yet.
clutch work
PRP Seats w/ 4 point 3" harnesses
Autometer temp gauge
Stock tires and wheels w/ BFG AT 195/75r14

I would love to be able to figure out the mods on the Prowler so I understand where I want to mod next.

Plans:

Dual Odessey 925 Batteries
True Am UTV Dual battery management
Noco Genius Gen 2 mini onboard waterproof dual battery charger
On Board Air (ARB compressor that I took out of my Land Cruiser when I upgraded to dual constant duty Viair compressors.)
LED lighting upgrades
Winch

Pics in my follow up reply.

Thanks,
Kirk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! How do you quiet it down if wanted? I rather like the deep rumble and may do nothing, just wondering.

I have a spare tire and rim coming soon and I have some LED's for the A pillars and rear facing mounting. I will be ordering a PC925L battery today to replace the stocker, I will address the secondary battery later. I also plan to replace the rectifier with a MosFet one and eventually add a alternator and replace the stator at the same time.

Here is another pic that shows more of the interior and the suicide doors.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Kirk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found some goodies under the drivers seat. I was about to order a pc925 too.

Electrical wiring Gas Electricity Machine Electrical supply

Electrical wiring Gas Vehicle door Machine Auto part

Whoever owned this spared no expense and had it built by someone that knew what they were doing as near as I can tell. More quality parts. (Although the wiring needs some cleanup work.)

Kirk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.