Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am 38 and have never owned a Motorcycle, ATV or UTV. I decided it was time to sell the bass boat and buy a UTV. I want to start trail riding with my wife and son as well as work it around the deer lease.
After much researching of "American made" UTV's with seating for at least 3, the reviews of the B&S motor in John Deere's 550 S4 scared me off and after test driving a brand new ranger 800, I didn't feel good about the extremely squeaky suspension.
My wife and I were on Vacation in AZ and went to Bass Pro Shops. While there I wanted to go check out the Arctic Cats on their floor and there is was...the 2012 700 HDX. I got a brochure from the the salesman and started thinking. A week or so after we got, I went to my local Arctic Cat dealer for a test drive of the 2011 that he had at the time. Nice! A few weeks went by and now the 2012 model is in my garage. My first modification was a Warn winch. The next will probably be a 2" lift and 27" tires.

At the dealer before loading it up

In my back yard

This bed is HUGE!

My first trail ride (I stayed out of the red mud, but did get into a little river bottom mud)

Before the 50 minute high pressure rinse

·
Registered
1 Posts
So...how do you like your new Prowler?

I shopping for a new UTV and I'm debating between the Prowler and the Ranger. I want a UTV that is fun for my kids (and me :naughty:), but also can use around the house. The Ranger seems a little too much "Utility" for my taste. The Ranger Rzr is too much "fun" for any utility use.

I was looking at the exact same model of Prowler at Bass Pro and loved the looks and bed size. Have yet to try one out.

Thanks for any feedback that you can provide!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have had it out twice now. The first time was to an off-road park with a friend of mine. We were the only ones out on 4000 acres that day and I didn't have my winch installed, so I was pretty hesitant to do anything I thought would have us there longer than we actually wanted to be there. Saying that, I was very impressed with the capabilities I put it through and how easily it passed through the obstacles I did put it through. The other time I took it out was to my deer lease. I got it high centered once trying to make a new trail when I ran over a tree that had fallen and I didn't see it. Standing in the bed isn't quite tall enough to fill the feeders. I will still have to carry a small ladder. While it is in the garage, my three year old uses it as his personal jungle gym.

I am a little disappointed at the lack of aftermarket accessories, but I guess in time, they will come. The only other thing is that it doesn't seem to turn very sharp in tight places.

Overall I am very pleased with my Prowler.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just purchased a new 2013 prowler 700 HDX from a dealer. Price was good as it was the last 2013 he had. We were looking at the Polaris ranger as well but I liked the storage features on the prowler, the front and rear receivers and then the options the dealer offered for the same dollar value.
All the comparisons seem to show that both units were close when it came to performance but the prowler just had a couple of nicer features.
Sure hope it performs as the reports claim.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well mine should be ready for pick up in a day or two.
I wanted a winch and hard top mounted on it and living in Canada I bought it with a block heater as well.
Really looking forward to getting it and giving it a run. Spring just commingled here so should be some mud to get into.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well finally picked up my prowler 700.
I have to report the ride is exceptional , a lot of people told me to buy Polaris but I really like the hitch front and beck option and again the ride so so far vary pleased with my new toy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.