Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all. Just picked up a new to me project machine. It's been ridin hard, and put away wet; and broke. 2012 HDX 700. It has 2,600 miles, came with a windshield, soft cab kit minus the doors, and the Cat 72" quick disconnect double taper plow. The motor is locked up. I spend yesterday just investigating the machine a bit, pulled the pans off, got all the crud out. I originally thought the front frame was bent as I could see buckles in two spots, but once I got the pans off, I could see those are where the s bends are from manufacturing. The motor is locked up. No holes in the case are evident. The motor has oil in it, do evidence of metal on dipstick. I haven't dropped the oil yet. Apparently the top end was rebuilt 500 miles ago, not sure why. I did notice some frame damage at the rear differential. I have a buddy that has the same machine, and he said the rear diff mounting points are weak, and suspect to break when pulling or using a lot of torque to work. Apparently his diff broke free from the frame, and needed to be repaired. Mine were definitely broke, and someone that shouldn't have, completed very poor welding. So that will need to be attended to. Likely need to fab up some sort of new mount for the bottom and weld it to the frame.

Other than that, I'm in southern Wisconsin. I'll likely use the machine for around the yard work, plowing snow, putting in snowmobile trails in the fall, and the occasional trail ride.

Thanks for any future you all share.

-Ryan

·
Registered
710 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sorry for the delay on the welcome! The 700 motor is a great powerplant! They are easy to rebuild if you are handy with tools! Download a free service manual at Country Cat for your machine. As to being locked up, I'd pull the top end to see what you have, next would be remove the cylinder. If it is damaged einternally, either rebuild, or swap a new motor in. POWERSPORTSNATION offer's rebuilt motors .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.