Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new 2011 Prowler 700 XTX and was very dissapointed to hear some noises resembling grinding of gears when coming to a stop. It doesn't seem to matter wheither I'm going 40 or 15; when coming to a complete stop, below about 5 mph there comes a grinding sound as if the dif is grinding the gears down. It isn't the dif, I believe, but the rear disk brake. At least there is where the sound seems to be coming from.

Also, quite often, while driving, I can hear a faint sound as if the rear caliper is slighty draging, or making light contact with the disk.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Frustrated

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
I just purchased a new 2011 Prowler 700 XTX and was very dissapointed to hear some noises resembling grinding of gears when coming to a stop. It doesn't seem to matter wheither I'm going 40 or 15; when coming to a complete stop, below about 5 mph there comes a grinding sound as if the dif is grinding the gears down. It isn't the dif, I believe, but the rear disk brake. At least there is where the sound seems to be coming from.

Also, quite often, while driving, I can hear a faint sound as if the rear caliper is slighty draging, or making light contact with the disk.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Frustrated
Welcome,Sounds like you may have a warped rear brake caliper?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joes5091,

Sounds logical, but I've never heard a warped rotor making that kind of noise. It really does sound like grears being ground away. I will, however, check the rotor..uh, well, I guess I'll let the dealer check it out. I just don't want to be w/o my new toy! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.