Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title is misleading! "New" style axles have been standard equipment on Prowler since 2011. I recently decided to upgrade from the Cir-Clip design, to the ball detent style. My understanding is that the only place you can get this type of axle is through Arctic Cat. I installed these on a 2009 XTX which kept popping the right front out of the differential. I cleaned it up, installed a new Cir-Clip, and after a ride the axle was unseated. I suspect the CV Joint may have worn out and restricted linear travel ( just my thoughts!). You compress the axle into the CV Joint to release the detent , then put it in place. Once seated, it locks in. To release it push in the axle while pulling back on the CV Joint. What a difference! Prices are all over the board, but you can find good deals! I didn't do the backs yet, as I just replaced the turf saver with a XT rear, and used new axles on that! Great design on these by AC!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.