Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. my name is pat. new to this forum and just got my first 4 wheeler.its a 2013 700hdx prowler. i know nothing about this style of fun but my wife and i are looking forward to many hours on this machine. we are not racers but just want to get out and enjoy nature. i do want to get a spare tire and wheel. any thoughts? thanks pat

·
Registered
710 Posts
Welcome to the site! 700 HDX is a great machine! I just carry a fix a flat kit with me, my wife and I ride every chance we get. I've never had a flat, but you know never say never! I carry a small tool kit with us, and a cell phone! The trails we ride usually have traffic, and being in Michigan I had mine licensed for street use. Miles of secondary/un-improved roads available to us. I like the un-improved roads as I have AAA RV Road Insurance, if I can get to a road, they will bring me home!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I know not everyone agrees on putting stuff in your tires but using Slime or Quadboss sealer does work to seal punctures on the trail. QuadBoss | ATV and UTV | ATV/UTV And Dirt Bike Tire Sealant They are suppose to seal a 1/4" puncture and works up to 2 years. Washes out with water when you change tires. I've used Slime and it worked, I wouldn't use Fix-A-Flat.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome! Im not that expirienced on 4 wheelers either. Bought my 650 last may. Just like dpdavidson above I always have a flat tire kit with me. Also always have a small and cheap air compressor to put in the 12V with me, if the tire goes flat (never happened). Also use the compressor to meassure tire psi. Guess its a easy google search if you dont know how to plug a flat tire. Enjoy your prowler!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.