Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum and to Arctic Cat. I live in Michigan's UP, so plenty of riding opportunities right out my door. Recently sold our quads and bought a 2013 550XT Prowler with 2250 miles on it. It seems to run well, but there's a very pronounced high pitched whine, especially above 25-30 mph. It seems to be from the drivetrain, but I took it to the local dealer & after driving it, said it seemed normal. This is the first Prowler I've driven, so perhaps it's normal, but it's pretty annoying. Does this sound normal for these & do I just get used to it?
Thanks for any help,
Roger

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yup! Driveline noise! Some of the noise can be attributed to the one-way clutch/bearing. Arctic Cat advised removing the one-way if you pull heavy loads, plow snow, or any heavily loaded use. Removing the bearing will reduce driveline noise, but engine braking will be slightly dimensioned. I took mine out 4 years ago, and really have not noticed the lack of engine braking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.