Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I came off a 2008 Prowler 650. Quite the difference in power! I only wish I had kept my windshield and roof! And the HCR long travel suspension kit is way nice. The custom Beard seats are also a plus. 700 miles on this flawless ride!!!
Send me a PM if you have a roof or front window for this 1000 for sale!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice, looks like its never seen dirt.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was on side by side sports and they showed a soft top for the square tube Prowler years.
I find side by side sports along with a hundred others show they have them but I called them all, same story. Out of stock.
I may go to a hard top IF I KEEP HER!!! I just found out that the MAXIMUM width allowed for a side by side is 65 inches! This machine exceeds that! Not sure if there is a wheel on the market that will narrow it up or not. I'm not even sure the dealer could legally sell me the machine and register it being over 65 inches!!! Not poking blame at anyone, I maybe should have measured it myself. I know I'll be looking into it..............

·
Registered
710 Posts
Must be the lift kit, I have a 2009 and it is 61.5 " wide. I have the factory hardtop, I love it! I beat the heck out of it, and only shows minor scratches, very easy to remove when we go topless! The factory service manual shows the width of a 2010 XTZ at 60.0". Hope this helps!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Must be the lift kit, I have a 2009 and it is 61.5 " wide. I have the factory hardtop, I love it! I beat the heck out of it, and only shows minor scratches, very easy to remove when we go topless! The factory service manual shows the width of a 2010 XTZ at 60.0". Hope this helps!
It has the HCR long travel kit on it. I'm calling HCR to see if there is a wheel I can go to that will bring the width in or if they have an answer as to how to narrow it up. I never thought I'd ever be looking for a narrower stance!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update: So I have the thing registered as a stock machine and according to Wisconsin law you can't "LICENSE" a UTV/Side x Side unless it is 65 inches or less. It says nothing about not being legal to run it on "forest roads", (keep in mind it has a license) my thought is it would be the same as driving a jeep, a 4x4 pickup, or even a farm tractor! So, what I'm thinking is I'm good to go on forest roads, I simply can't take it (or get caught) on any trail system. Heck, I never ride trails anyway!
So anyone have an opinion on this? I don't want to be calling the local DNR and opening up a big stinky can of worms.:31:

·
Registered
710 Posts
I live in Michigan and our National Forests are "50" wide or Licensed Vehicle Permitted", that is why I licensed mine for street use, I still ride the trails, but it is great driving around town, and being able to go anywhere we want. The process in Michigan is easy, just takes forever to go through the state process. I submitted my paperwork in late October 2014, and did not hear anything from the state until late February, and that was just to tell me my application had been approved, and the inspecting agency would contact me for the final inspection, and attaching the new VIN. The inspector called and asked if he could stop at my house and do it there. He walked in the garage, attached the VIN, handed me a bundle of paper, and had me sign the new title!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Or carry a copy of the factory specifications with you! I've been on 50 " trails, and have never been stopped. I have a Michigan License Plate, DNR ORV registration, and a DNR ORV Trail permit on the back of my Prowler, so I'm covered wherever I go! Worse case, Plead Stupid! LOL

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They'd give me a ticket for being stupid if they caught me on federal land with a machine that has a stance of 70 inches! :nono: I'll just stick to the forest roads. As long as I show a license on the back I don't think they can make a case. If they do I'll have to move to Arizona!:)

·
Registered
710 Posts
We have a blast on the forest roads! As we ride alone 90% of the time we decided that the secondary/forest roads were great for us. AAA is our road service insurance we have the RV card and it covers atv's, snowmobiles, and motorcycles! As long as you are near a road they will provide service, being licensed it is the same as a car! We've had their coverage for years!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Built up a light bar in the shop yesterday and installed 4 27W leds. That should be an improvement over the stock lighting coming in off the trail in the dark. I kept it down low in front so I could clear my 7'6" clearance coming into my house garage. I have 2 inches to spare.:knockedout:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.