Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pics of XTZ in progress... should be done in another week. It'll have King Racing Shocks, Beard Super TZ full containment seats, ITP Beadlock wheels with ITP BajaCross 8 ply tires, Fabworx racing cage minus the door bar, 1/4 doors by Fabworx, redesigned spare tire carrier, oh and the seats are lowered 4 inches. And lots of frame bracing too. 13 inches ground clearance with 13 inches wheel travel.
More pics tomorrow..

Side view before bracing is added

Rear shot with some of the bracing tacked in place

Beard Super TZ seat (driver's side) that's replacing OEM Highback seat (passenger side)

Beadlocked ITP Wheels and Tires

Comparison of lowered passenger seat versus unlowered seat

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Few more pics of the cage after painting and the lowered tire carrier...

Grab Handles

Lowered Tire Carrier

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More pics...It's not done by any means, next comes the ITP Beadlock wheels, 1/4 doors, low windshield with fold out upper, King Shocks which will lift it a couple more inches, and lots of hidden goodies..

Buddy of mine that stands way over 6ft... said it's the most comfortable fit he's ever had.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Johnny, the goodies UTVCrap sold me made it possible. Now I just need you to come up with a quick hub for the steering wheel... Can you figure out a way to adapt your Rhino unit to the XTZ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sitting next to a 2010 XTZ with a Baja package at my store... and yes, it's been rode hard and put away dusty...
Got the ITP Beadlocks on. Now just need to get the King Shocks on (either Monday or Tuesday).

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, it's almost done... waiting on the Quick Detach Steering Wheel from DragonFire Racing, A-Arm Bracing from UTVCrap and the low windshield from AC. Plus a few other little things that will get ironed out over the next couple of weeks.
King Shocks are mounted now. Gotta love that stance and those shocks...

Sits more aggressive now, but I need to reroute the front brake lines to counter for the increased height.

Remote Res. King Shocks on the rear

Piggyback King Shocks on the front

13.5 inches ground clearance, but I'm going to lower the shocks back down a little..

Even with the additional ground clearance, the roofline of the modified XTZ is still 1.25 inches lower than the stock XTZ.

·
Registered
244 Posts
That looks great! It's amazing how an aftermarket cage can make it look so much wider and tougher :bigok:

How do you like those Kings so far?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That looks great! It's amazing how an aftermarket cage can make it look so much wider and tougher :bigok:

How do you like those Kings so far?
I really like the King Shocks. I ran a stock XTZ down a trail this past weekend and then ran the same trail in my XTZ with the Kings, night and day difference. It felt really smooth and the machine tracked much better.
A big bonus to this ride, both times a rep from Arctic Cat was riding with me and he agreed, my XTZ totally rocked. Now if AC will only do something from the factory like this.

Between lowering the seats and putting the King shocks on, it changed the XTZ from a tractor like trail machine to a real blast to drive. The tires stayed in contact with the ground more and kept the power to the ground. The lower stance on the seats gave a much more secure feeling, much like the difference between driving a lifted 4X4 and a sports car.

I gotta say too, the Beard Super TZ seats are great too. With the rake they have on the seatback, they felt comfortable and the containment the give is awesome. And the DragonFire Racing Quick Disconnect Steering Wheel brings the wheel out just right to give the exact feel I need on this machine (not to mention the removeable wheel makes it easier to get in and out of).

I found myself running the trail in my XTZ 10-15 miles an hour faster than with the stock XTZ without trying to go faster. I'll be spending the next few weeks fine tuning everything and then write up a more indepth report on it.

Photo of AC Rep driving the XTZ around a the upper rock crawling area of the W.E.Rock Grand Nationals last weekend...

As for a write-up on the seat lowering, I'll see if I can put something together giving the sequence and steps involved. I will say, a good fabricator/welder could do this pretty easily, but if you don't have the proper skills to do it, there are many other great companies that can, such as UTVCrap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When you installed new shocks. Did you have any problems with sway bar binding. I was also wondering if you could post pics of how you lowered the seats. I would really like to do that to mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Factory seats

Daryl89, Awesome Cat! Could you share some info on the factory hi-back seats? They look like they would be a huge upgrade from the standard ones. I have been looking around the net, and this thread is the only thing that I can find. Are they available as a factory accessory? Happen to have any part #s? What were your impressions of the seats? I realize that you removed yours, but it looks like you were going for the best of the best on your Cat. Thanks!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It surely looks great love the seat and the wheels.
If you guys like these pics, wait until the new build is finished. It's under wraps but will be much like the DFR Nessy, but built from a Prowler XTZ instead. Wheelbase is stretched, it's wider, has about 200ft of DOM and ChromeMoly tubing, has over 15inches of wheel travel, has a total height of 66 inches with 13 inches ground clearance and has a top speed of just over 100mph.
It will make it's full racing intro at the Vegas To Reno BITD in August. We've done quite a bit of suspension testing, switching out and building several sets of A-Arms.

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you guys like these pics, wait until the new build is finished. It's under wraps but will be much like the DFR Nessy, but built from a Prowler XTZ instead. Wheelbase is stretched, it's wider, has about 200ft of DOM and ChromeMoly tubing, has over 15inches of wheel travel, has a total height of 66 inches with 13 inches ground clearance and has a top speed of just over 100mph.
It will make it's full racing intro at the Vegas To Reno BITD in August. We've done quite a bit of suspension testing, switching out and building several sets of A-Arms.
We definitely need pics of this :naughty:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts