Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 H1 700 Prowler Arctic Cat. I found a post on here where someone said that it can take 10w-40 or 5w-30. I went to my local shop and all they had what the 10w-40 for wet clutch so I got it. Then I found the service manual for free on the Lawn mower parts website everyone refers to on here. IT says it can only take 5w-30. My question is will using the 10w-40 hurt the prowler or can I go ahead and use it and it'd be fine? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey hogfan, ive been using 10w40 here in the arizona heat, you should be ok running 10w40 there too, im not sure how cold it gets where you are but if you want a little thinner oil for cold temps just switch to 5w40 in the colder months, i dont use the arctic cat oil either, i run mobil 1 extended performance 10w40 in everything i own except for my powerstroke, never had an issue with anything and oil comes out nice and clean.:happy:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.