Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, I have a question that I've been researching to no avail. All of the literature that I've seen on the internet regarding my new 2011 Prowler 700 XTX, says that it has shift on the fly 4 wheel drive. My manual however says to come to a complete stop to engage the 4 wheel drive system. Can anyone with some experience set me straight on this? Thanks and have a great day!:fingersx:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2009 700 xtx and the shift on the fly works to go into 4x4 as long as your not on the gas when you shift it. If you do happenly have the gas on when you do the shift, it does a kind of grind and won't go in. Not sure tho if its meant for that. Just to be safe, I usually come to a stop first. Almost always shift out on the fly tho.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! Going in to 4 wheel drive I've always come to a complete stop which really isn't that big of a deal. It's shifting out that really becomes a nuisance having to stop when everyone is behind you. Thanks again and have a great day!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.