Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Chief complaint about the driveline brake, noisy! AC put anti-rattle springs on the caliper, and it still persists. I notice mine about twice a year, and have learned to live with it. Seems like eliminating the oneway bearing is getting popular. May help on the jerking.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Chief complaint about the driveline brake, noisy! AC put anti-rattle springs on the caliper, and it still persists. I notice mine about twice a year, and have learned to live with it. Seems like eliminating the oneway bearing is getting popular. May help on the jerking.
Ya the springs are on mine don't help anything. Sounds like my tranny is going to explode when I hit the brakes!! That's just ridiculous AC never sent out a recall with a fix.....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mine was the opposite, the rear would rattle until I hit the brakes. I put a piece of heater hose under the springs to add tension and it helped.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine was the opposite, the rear would rattle until I hit the brakes. I put a piece of heater hose under the springs to add tension and it helped.
I read that somewhere as well and tried it but it didn't work. I tore into the clutch housing deeper last night to check my wet clutch so I took the one way clutch (engine break) out while I was in there. Everyone who took theirs out said they love their rigs without it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yea someone please enlighten me on the question about the bucking. Did it help, i've got a 2010 1000 XTZ and it's awesome, but jerky as heck!! It's got some mods done to the clutches, and it's helped out a little bit, but man it's still so dang touchy, feels like it's gonna wheelie everytime i hit the gas.
i took the throttle spring off and cut it and made it much stiffer. it helps a lot by making the foot pedal harder to push. smoothes everything out and made it less jerky.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts