Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 550xt and suddenly the parking brake popped up a bit ,light came on and we started hearing what sounded like what you would hear on a bicycle chain trying to catch the gear. Now the brake lever won't stay down , it comes up about 3 clicks ,the light comes on. Anyone else have had this problem? Any ideas out there?? I tried adjusting the brake ,did not help!
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Welcome to the site. Is the cable in good shape? Return spring on the parking brake activator arm still in place? How did you adjust the parking brake? Questions to answer questions! LOL I had a similar issue with my 2009 XTX parking brake pedal, ended up eliminating the pedal and replaced with a RZR parking brake lever. They depress the brake pedal and all four wheels are locked!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,I'm back again. Sorry for not getting back to reply sooner! I finally had to take my Prowler in to the dealer. He said he had not heard of anyone with a problem like I described but he would look at it and try to find the problem. I just got it back and he found that the cable got a kink init up near the front somehow and that was not releasing the brakes nor letting the brake release lever stay down. So, new cable plus many hours of labor looking for the problem and now we are good as new. I want to thank you dpdavidson02 as you were right on the money . Hope my experience helps anyone else out there with similar problem in the future.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, Thank You! We enjoy riding these hills out here. The old mining sites and buildings make for some interesting trips along with just the scenery .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the site. Is the cable in good shape? Return spring on the parking brake activator arm still in place? How did you adjust the parking brake? Questions to answer questions! LOL I had a similar issue with my 2009 XTX parking brake pedal, ended up eliminating the pedal and replaced with a RZR parking brake lever. They depress the brake pedal and all four wheels are locked!
I have a question what kind of parking brake assembly did you go with I have a 2009 arctic cat prowler XTX 700 and I’m tired of messing with my parking brake

1 - 8 of 8 Posts