Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, pretty excited that ill be picking up a.07 prowler with a ton of upgrade tomorrow but there's one problem the motor is blown, so I'm turning to you guys for help & info!!

First is there such a thing as a budget build?
Or is there a rally cool upgrade for the 650
I'm really after dependability,
It has an aftermarket slip on exhaust & I'm sure it's loud & I'm not big on that
So looking for the best places to look for motor rebuild kits or parts in general.

Ill post some pictures after I pick it up
Thanks

·
Banned
365 Posts
Hello all, pretty excited that ill be picking up a.07 prowler with a ton of upgrade tomorrow but there's one problem the motor is blown, so I'm turning to you guys for help & info!!

It has an aftermarket slip on exhaust & I'm sure it's loud & I'm not big on that
So looking for the best places to look for motor rebuild kits or parts in general.

Thanks
for around 2600 dollars you can buy a complete 650 motor,whats wrong with your motor.there is a member on here that has a 650 motor,it needs some work but it can be fixed,don't know if he sold it or not.

·
Banned
365 Posts

Thanks
If it just has a slip on,your not hardly gaining anything from that,you get most of your power from your header pipe,A complete system is the way to go.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah not looking for performance just dependability, I don't want the slip on because im sure its going to be louder than I like so ill figure out what it is and trade it for a stocker

Attachments

·
Banned
365 Posts
Where can I find a motor for 2k???
Very good looking prowler,looks like its well worth putting a new motor in it,look at it this way,look how much a new sxs cost.my local dealer told me 2600 dollars for the 650 motor.plus it has all the upgrades already done to the motor.:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Very good looking prowler,looks like its well worth putting a new motor in it,look at it this way,look how much a new sxs cost.my local dealer told me 2600 dollars for the 650 motor.plus it has all the upgrades already done to the motor.:)
Yup! And those upgrades are well worth it. My pops had his 650 motor bomb on him and dropped money on a brand new one. He couldn't believe the performance difference of the new model as compared to the old. Big power difference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I know some of your guys advice was to buy new but I found 2 650 motors on Craigslist for 500 bucks with a piston & rings shipping was 225 so I figured I could put the new piston & rings in and play with it to see how I like it & maybe rebuild the second motor for a back up.
Ill post more pics when I start the R&R.

·
Banned
365 Posts
Well I know some of your guys advice was to buy new but I found 2 650 motors on Craigslist for 500 bucks with a piston & rings shipping was 225 so I figured I could put the new piston & rings in and play with it to see how I like it & maybe rebuild the second motor for a back up.
Ill post more pics when I start the R&R.
Thats a great buy cracker,thats great now the fun begins.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Be careful with craigslist, Good luck.
Not just Craigslist, I'm building a sandrail right now as well and bought some shocks off racedezert.com, paid the guy thru PayPal and never received my shocks, it turned to be a firkin scam, I did get reimbursed thru PayPal but what a friggn hassle,
So yeah it's all a gamble buying stuff long distance but its just all part of the game or treasure hunt....:)
The guy I bought the motors off of seamed to be super honest & went out of his way to get me a great price on shipping plus he had to create it all up.
So I just hope it's not a bunch of scrap metal:ugh1:

·
Banned
365 Posts
Not just Craigslist, I'm building a sandrail right now as well and bought some shocks off racedezert.com, paid the guy thru PayPal and never received my shocks, it turned to be a firkin scam, I did get reimbursed thru PayPal but what a friggn hassle,
So yeah it's all a gamble buying stuff long distance but its just all part of the game or treasure hunt....:)
The guy I bought the motors off of seamed to be super honest & went out of his way to get me a great price on shipping plus he had to create it all up.
So I just hope it's not a bunch of scrap metal:ugh1:
well at least you got your money back,did you call the shock people back.:wtf1:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well at least you got your money back,did you call the shock people back.:wtf1:
It was an individual selling a used pair in the classified section, we corresponded back and forth by email but I never got his phone number :stups:
So yeah after that you have to be careful on any long distance deal unfortunately.
And yeah after a bunch of this :phone: with PayPal I did get my money back.
Sure hope my motors show up today:biggthumpup::

·
Banned
365 Posts
It was an individual selling a used pair in the classified section, we corresponded back and forth by email but I never got his phone number :stups:
So yeah after that you have to be careful on any long distance deal unfortunately.
And yeah after a bunch of this :phone: with PayPal I did get my money back.
Sure hope my motors show up today:biggthumpup::
When you heading over to pt.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.