Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this forum and looking for a bit of assistance in selecting a good plow for my 2013 700 XTX.

I have found a reasonable plow and mount package from American Manufacturing but they have only "tested" their mount on Prowlers up to 2012. Has there been any frame modifications or other changes between 2012-13 that might impact mounting and/or operation?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

·
Banned
365 Posts
correct, no changes in frame from the 2012 to 2013.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have their setup on my 2010 XTZ and it has yet to snow :-(
Had mine for 2 years before it finally snowed and damn did it snow, we just got around 20" between 2 storms just a week apart.

·
Banned
365 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
That's the same tires I have, sometimes I wish I would have put the rear size on the front like yours so I could rotate them. With the street driving I do I'll probably go through 2 sets of front before I wear out the rear.

·
Banned
365 Posts
thats a nice looking set of tires D racer.:)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I found alignment is key here, even if you adjust your pre-load a little it will throw off the alignment a ton. I band clamped a piece of steel under the rack to stabilize it due to the fact AC only uses 2 rubber mounts to hold this thing in there and it made it much more stable.

·
Banned
365 Posts
I found alignment is key here, even if you adjust your pre-load a little it will throw off the alignment a ton. I band clamped a piece of steel under the rack to stabilize it due to the fact AC only uses 2 rubber mounts to hold this thing in there and it made it much more stable.
thats one of the things I liked about the steering stabilizer I installed,IT has a metal plate that fits between the factory plate and the rack.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.