Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The turf saver rear end in my 2008 700xtx busted and is over a grand to replace. Seen the rear ends for the 2011 and 2012's are less than half as much. I understand they are not the turf saver and that is fine even better. My question is will they mount in my 08 The front half all the way to the pinion are identical. I also figure i may have to change the axles. Any help on this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don't the newer ones have 4 wheel brakes? the 08 has the rear on the driveshaft. Not sure if that's a problem or are you just gonna swap the diff ond not the rest. I would like to swap the whole thing and be rid of the brake on the driveshaft.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Don't the newer ones have 4 wheel brakes? the 08 has the rear on the driveshaft. Not sure if that's a problem or are you just gonna swap the diff ond not the rest. I would like to swap the whole thing and be rid of the brake on the driveshaft.
I just put the spool type ring gear out of a 700 XT and inner cv joints in mine it works great and is very easy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i busted the whole rear end casing and all. but i did end up swapping the to the 2010 rear end which is half the price. i was going to have to swap the inner cv's but found deal and bought all new axles and still came out cheaper than new 08 diff alone. all bolted straight up and now i dont have that annoying jerk the turf savers have when pulling out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.