Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is a2012 and woiuld like to know if there is any way quieten up the interior of the cab from engine and intake sounds. Any ever try to insulate the doghouse over the motor.
The other thing is the throttle and how it is very sensitive at low speeds. makes the bike quite jerky when trying to manoeuver at slow speeds. Is there any fix for this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
gas pedal

hey boom, I cut 3 coils off the gas pedal spring and made a huge difference, you will have to straighten one end of the coil so it will fit back in place, then used a hose clamp to keep the spring in place. I can't get a picture of it because it's at my cottage an hour and a half drive away, hope this helps. RW

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good suggestion. Thank you

I will check out the insulation mats for the noise. I love the prowler but it's way louder than the Ranger I have. As for the touchy gas pedal. I just brace the right side of my foot against the motor doghouse. It just gives my foot a solid base to help keep my foot pushing down too quickly. It makes it easier to start out smoother. It takes a little practice but seems to work well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.