Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking of purchasing a prowler 1000. can anyone tell me how fast they go? has there been any problems with them? would i be better off looking at another manufacturer? thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We got ours close to 70mph on asphalt brand new out of the box. It's very impressive compared to the others I've owned, 700 rhino, razor 800 and teryx. The only thing I've driven that's close is the new Polaris 900. Only problems I've seen on a number of new prowlers are some shiftvlinkage adjustment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
on my 2011 prowler 1000 clutches blew up,rear axles snapped and diff lock sucks. works and does not work not impressed with the front diff. Other than that it's okay. Just a little to utilatarine for what I like to do. It will become that new cat they are coming out with.
just my opinion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i bought mine used and all i can say is i love the power other than that its junk stearing is lose 4wd is broke cage makes alot of noise while driving, list goes on and it only has 690miles but thos could of bn very hard miles to idk

·
Registered
50 Posts
ride it like ya stole it and prepare to work on it between every ride and the next. if its bolted on it will come loose, if its welded on , its probably just tacked on, but they are a lot of fun with all that power. you will get pretty familiar with everything on it. part of the Arctic Cat excitement. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.