Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear differential of my prowler 550 needs rebuilt. I ordered a rebuild kit for it and was ready to rebuild until I figured out the gear case is bad where the bearing goes onto the pinion. I ordered a new gear case but there are no threads where the locking collar screws into the housing to hold the pinion in. Has anyone ran into this. The bolt holes for the ring gear are also not threaded. The service manual I have does not mention anything about this. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
The rear differential of my prowler 550 needs rebuilt. I ordered a rebuild kit for it and was ready to rebuild until I figured out the gear case is bad where the bearing goes onto the pinion. I ordered a new gear case but there are no threads where the locking collar screws into the housing to hold the pinion in. Has anyone ran into this. The bolt holes for the ring gear are also not threaded. The service manual I have does not mention anything about this. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks
I am having the same issue. Just got the new case yesterday afternoon.. it looks like they replaced the nut that needed the specialty tool with a C-Clip. I have a call into Arctic Cat to confirm and get the part# / size so I can order one. I will post back with my findings.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, here is the answer.

You need to look up parts for a 2015 Arctic Cat Prowler 550. This shows the new design Rear Diff. Here is a link.

Arctic Cat Side by Side 2015 OEM Parts Diagram for Rear Drive Gearcase Assembly | Partzilla.com

It now uses a C-Clip. Part 21 in the diagram. The Arctic Cat part number is 1423-067. Full Retail is $1.69. It replaces the $40 lock nut... lol

Here is a pic of the updated parts diagram.
Thanks for the response on this. I have the C-Clip ordered. I have another question. I had already ordered a new pinion assembly for the old gear case. Will I need to update to the 2015 pinion? I see they have different parts numbers between the 2009 and the 2015 for the pinion assembly.
Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts