Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2009 700 XTX has about 2300 miles. When it had 1900 miles, the temp showed 168. The reading has a blinking hour glass next to it. I assume this is the max temp reached.

Now at 400 miles later, it's reading 187. Seems to increase about 1 degree after each ride.

I've changed the oil per specs. Antifreeze is topped off. Radiator fins are sprayed off and inspected after each ride. Suspected problems are:

1. Radiator cap is starting to fail
2. Fan is starting to fail
3. Spark plug is out of tol

Anybody know Normal Operating Temperature temps? I ride at 5,000 - 8,000 feet. Outside temps have averaged between 75 - 90 degrees.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Unless your display is different than most that's not the temp your seeing it's the hours on the machine, the hour glass next to it flips or blinks each when the engine is running over 500 rpms.
Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Motor vehicle Gauge

Here's what the high temp indicator looks like, there isn't a number reading that I know of unless you add an aftermarket gauge.
Font Circle Electronic device Rectangle Screenshot

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Unless your display is different than most that's not the temp your seeing it's the hours on the machine, the hour glass next to it flips or blinks each when the engine is running over 500 rpms.
View attachment 449
Here's what the high temp indicator looks like, there isn't a number reading that I know of unless you add an aftermarket gauge.
View attachment 450
This is the correct answer. Im sorry that I wasnt paying attention correctly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.