Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without going somewhere to look can someone tell me if the upper part of the roll cage is removeable and if so how hard is it to do. Want to use an enclosed snowmobile trailer but about the only UTV that will fit in the std door opening is a RZR. Been a Cat man all my life but I'm tired of having multiple trailers sitting around so an RZR may be my only choice :ugh1:

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have read of a few people cutting the bars down by a few inches, i would imagine its not too difficult and looking at mine i could easily loose a few and still not have to worry about hitting my head.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have read of a few people cutting the bars down by a few inches, i would imagine its not too difficult and looking at mine i could easily loose a few and still not have to worry about hitting my head.
Just for the record.......new guy here.....I cut 4" out of my cage. There is a little more to it then it would look like. Back center brace needs to be mod'ed and the "X" in the top of the cage will not fit correctly any more....misses by like 15/16". I re did all of the upper bracing and even added some as the prowler cage is not to good to begin with.

But in its original state....comes off real easy!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I lower the rear bar 4" and the front bar 5" the top center x bar bolted on to the front Iadded adout 3" to the x bar so it would bolt back to the stock holes all together it was about a 3 hour job also cut the rear angle bars 4"

·
Registered
37 Posts
I lowered my cage 5" front and rear the top X-bar did fit you just have to get all the bolts started then tighten them down. The rear V-brace does need to shortend also. My factory roofs still fit perfect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CatnHat, any pics of the finished product ? I went ahead and bought a new trailer but it's about 3 inched to short so I have to do something.

·
Registered
3 Posts
has anybody pinned there roll cage

instead of using the stock screws, drill out screw holes and use some quick release pins. It might make for more rattles, but mine rattles like crazy anyway. My enclosed trailer isn't tall enough and I am looking at this as a solution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guess I'm going to go ahead and plan on cutting my cage down to fit in the trailer. It's not terrible to take off - but is not manageable for me to remove without taking the top X bracing off also and even then it's still tuff to handle without potentially scratching up the ride. Just have to get my design solidified and line up a little welding support.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.