Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2013 XTZ 1000 and it smokes under a load but not at idle. I know it is fuel because of the smell and it makes my eyes water in the cab. It has a speedwerks slip on. The engine runs excellent and has plenty of power just running rich. I changed the plugs and they were black to the point of appearing fouled. I also checked valve lash and it was fine. I have done some reading and see that it may be tied to a fuel pump/regulator or injector issue?? Any help resolving my issue would be greatly appreaciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, just checked for codes by jumping the blue red wire to the black wire in the test plug to get the codes in the display. The codes in the display are SC 21 and SC 98. I see that SC 21 is the air inlet temp sensor, is that the sensor located in the air box just before the exit to the throttle body? Also, would a failed air inlet sensor give me the rich condition I am experiencing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.