Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all, I'm a newbie on this forum.

I just bought a barely used 2015 700 HDX XT Friday. It has 260 miles on it, but still like brand new, but it should be broke in and all that.

I really like it but its causing me some serious worry. I am going to take it back and see if they will fix unless I get an easy answer here.

I bought this without ever driving it. It was on the showroom floor. I actually thought it was brand new at first glance. It caught my eye and after I looked at what seemed to be 100 utv's I always went back to this sparkly forrest green Arctic Cat.
They even loaded it on my trailer. After I got home, the first thing I noticed was that it acted like the emergency brake was on (which it doesn't have) or I never found one. It just felt like it was fighting itself to even move at all.

It feels like its stuck in 4x4. Its like everything is in a horrible bind when I turn, and it doesn't roll freely. Like last night, I was backing it in the spot in the barn and it sort of scoots the tires like the diffs are locked. It has even made some popping noises that are worrisome. I have it in 2wd. I cycled it from 2 to 4wd and I can hear it, but it seems to act the same no matter what?
I wish I had the perfect word to explain it... It just feels tight and not right. Maybe its just me not used to it, but I don't think so.

I had Polaris before this one and it was really easy rolling and turning was just very easy. Not so at all with this one.
I really like it (love the extra storage and bigger bed) but not sure about how it acts. I just have this sick gut feeling something is not right, but I don't know what it might be.

I bought it to use for my work and to play every now and then. We are building a slide in rack with a high volume water hose reel and a spray tank in the bed, also mounting a spray boom under the bed. I run a golf course and I really like using a UTV cause I can transform it as the season requires and then just unload it and take it camping if I want.

I was just hoping someone on here might have experienced this "tight not right" thing and can point me in the right direction, or tell me its just how they are...

Thanks for your time

Chase

·
Registered
710 Posts
The Prowler has a locked rear end where the Polaris does not. Tight turns will cause the inside wheel to chirp, scuff, pop and other sounds that take awhile to get used to! Avoid tight turns on the golf coarse or you will be repairing the grounds! They are great for everything! Food for thought, Prowlers did offer a limited slip rear end in Prowlers from 2008 to 2010. Using factory parts you could convert it. There has been many negative comments regarding a turf saver rear. I have a 2009 XTX that was equipped with a turf saver and put over 7,000 miles on it with no issues. I trail ride mostly, light mud when encountered, and 1, or 2 trips a year to the sand dunes in Michigan. I swapped mine out last year as I wanted to try a locked rear in mine. BTW My turf saver is still working like new! Both the HDX 700, and the XT share the same 36 tooth ring gear. I replaced the ring gear, and axles in order to complete the swap. The HDX differential is upside down compared to the XT. I've seen used turf savers but not sure if I'd go that route!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.