Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the site and new to Arctic cats. I plan on buying a used 08 camo 650 prowler this coming Friday and was just wondering what a plain 650xt prowler was worth? It has 2550 miles and 214 hours on it. A older gentleman had it and most of the miles on it are road miles. Its never been in the mud....looks brand new and clean but the tires are bald.
I've never owned a Arctic cat and I'm kind of afraid of it because they aren't popular around my area. I was just wondering if these bikes are any good and if they are hard to resale too? Can anyone tell me if this is high millage on this vehicle? Is there anything I should check on the bike before buying it?
I really like the looks of it but I just don't want problems and something that is not reliable. This bike will be mainly used for hunting and just using it around the farm and riding the kids. How does this machine compare to other utility bikes? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More I read on here the more I don't want to get a Arctic Cat. Are these utility vehicles any good??? Seriously It looks to me that they are hard to work on, break down allot and when they do you can't get parts......please change my mind. I was really excited about getting this side by but should I wait and get another brand. Please be honest I would really hater to spend money on one of these and later regret it. It also looks like they are really hard to sale!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The cats are good machines, everything out there has issues and needs repair from time to time. The cat is pretty easy to take apart and work on. Some parts can be hard to find, just have to know where to look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your comment but it really worries me that 9 others have viewed my post and not commented. Might have to think about this Prowler a little more. Ive been riding on Polaris Rangers all year and Ive heard nothing but positive comments about them with no problems....just dont know what to do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Like you I trolled the sites and looked at everything out there. I finally baught my 07 prowler for a couple of resons, 1. It was a good price for the machine, 2. Everyone I talked with about the other brands mentioned the same problems no matter the brand.
The things that stood out where rzr/Polaris had more electrical issues when exposed to a lot of water, and Yamaha owners think there machines are worth way more than they really are.
I've had fourwheelers and snowsleds and for the most part equipment failures are directly proportional to operator in put.
Price on an 08 with those miles will be about 6-7k depending on options. And don't let the plastic fool you, for about $600 you can put all new plastic on it. Get under it and look for scratches or evidence of bolts having been turned with a wrench, and finally leaks. If they are road miles then it should look brand new.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just feel like I done the right thing after reading the last 2posts. I went ahead and purchased the bike with hopes for the best. I really love it so far but I just got to ride it a few hours yesterday . Im sure I will be on here asking more questions in the future thanks for the comments guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.