Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to help a friend long distance. Did a search and came up with no information. He has a 2009 700 Prowler. Lost the cotter pin and axle nut. Did very minor damage to the threads in the process.
I am going to try and locate him a thread die and a new nut and deliver it to him. Call to the local dealer (75 miles away) got me no information. Can anybody tell me what the thread dimensions are?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oddly enough, he found what he needed on the east coast area, but due to the big snow, everybody is in survival mode and not interested in shipping until next week. He was hoping to get it back on the trails by this weekend and do a demo ride for a prospective buyer. Poor people have poor ways. LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually have an SAE and a metric thread file. He sent me a pic of his threads, and they are borderline for using a file. I believe he found a guy that used to fix foreign cars that lent him the die, and actually had a good used nut. It was from a Subaru. Thanks for everyones help on the sizes and suggestions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank You for all of your help Sir! Had it been here at my shop it may have been an easy fix. But we both live rural, in neighboring states. The new post office crap sends mail the opposite directions now. What once took 2 days to mail a small package, now take 4-6 days. Neither of us have a UPS or Fedex shipping center anywhere nearby. Progress? LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.