Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you with rear seats facing forward, how's your weight distribution? What's the weight of your rear passengers? I have 2 buckets facing rearward but since i've added the rear cage I want to turn them facing forward but I wonder how it will affect steering, climbing hills and such. Both of my children combind weigh less than 200 lbs but thats alot behind the rear axle.

·
Vendor
483 Posts
all the builds we do in arizona the rear seats face forward no complaints but im sure it would be better with the seats the other way ... give and take

·
Registered
15 Posts
i have a 4 seater cage on my xtz and i haul my 9 yo son and one of his lil friends in it all the time facing forward . with those two and an ice chest rack over the back it doesnt seam to affect handleing very much , but i dont get to outta control with them in there . the one thing that it does affect is the rear ground clearance . this is soon to be fixed ! what you DONT want to do is planning on hauling adults in the back ! 500+ lbs of buddies, beer and cage make and xtz damn near imposible to turn , but does make for unbeleivible wheelies down the street ! kinda hard on the ice chest rack too ......

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
I second that, we do lots of 4 seat set-ups here and have even done a few laps on the motocross track with a few grown people in the back. Long travel helps but pretty much the less weight the better, its not going to make or break the day you just have to adjust your driving to the change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts