Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XTZ is having a really hard time starting and when it does finally start, I have to hold the throttle about half way down until the the enginge starts firing on both cylinders. Which seems like it is taking longer everytime I start it. One of my friends said he could see coolant coming out the exhaust and I could really smell it in the cab. Has anybody else had this problem? If so what did yo do. I have pulled the sparks plugs but I never seen any coolant on them. The engine seems to build up alot of pressure in the radiator and blows coolant out the resivoir when I am riding down the road but I was told that was what they do and that the rough Idle at start up was that I might have bad gas. Any help or ideas on testing would be appreciated

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm taking mine this Sat let the dealer look at it, and I'll let you know what they come up with, mine is very suttle at the moment like a 2 second delay, not to alarm you but if your getting coolant in your exhaust that would tell me that might be a blown head gasket and I mean might be, someone on here might be able to shed a better light then I on that, I would take it to your dealer that could be what's up with mine, I guess I'll find out I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem is that it will cost me about 3000 dollars to get it to a dealer. I am pretty sure it is a head gasket or cracked head. I am going to pull the plugs again since it sat over night with pressure in the system. I will let you know.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
confirmation

I have 640 miles on my machine and the back head gasket is blown. I did notice the starting problem awile ago but was told it might of been injectors but now I think it was the head gasket all along and now it is worse. The dealer told me he has seen it before and what it was, was a piece of dirt or something scarred the gasket at instalation and just got worse with heat and pressure. Shawn I hope you don't have the same problem.:ugh1:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts