Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had enough with the turf saver on my 08 Prowler and couldn't be happier! Took about 2 hours to do from start to finish and cost under $400 to do including new axles. If you are on the fence doing it it is simple and changes the whole machine.

Thanks for all the help from people on this site!

Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
how did you do it. Having problem with my 2010 700 xtx I got at an auction this year. Drive shaft will turn numerous times before rear end engages. Believe I could make it "out of the chute" on a bull after dealing with the jerks this ride gives

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
ARCTICCATPARTS.Com You need a NON XTX (XT) Rear ring geAr and non XTX Rear inner Cv joints from the CVMAN Or Complete rearaxles if you dont want to mess with changing the rear inner CVs. Itis really easy and Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks...I also seen somewhere (and I can't find it now) that you could put a 2011 rear end and axles in a 2010 and that would solve the problem....changing axles was recommended because the turf saver axles wouldn't stand up under the change

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's exactly what mine was doing, driveshaft would spin for about 10 revolutions and then it would jerk and take off.
I am very happy with my new set up and would do it again in a heartbeat.
I bought my gear from Arctic Cat for around $180 and 2 complete XT axles off of ebay for around $200 shipped. That's all you need other than gear lube.
There is a excellent video on you tube showing just how to do the change.

Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
wish I'd seen your post before I bought axles. Was a little leary of the ones on E bay without anyone talking about them...if there is a next time I will probably try them..would have saved enough to pay for the ring gear...lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.