Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well this is my progress I have put a window on and a rear seat I am now working on seat belts, I am from Utah I went ksl.com classified found a full front window that folds for $200 and thanks to the forum I put a seat from a 1955-1995 cj jeep the one that is stationary for $180 I am doing some modification for safety reason, I luv my cat it is a 2010 prowler 1000 I have read a lot of negative post against this machine but I am having a blast with mine, hope u all have a merry Christmas I know I will be out playing on my mad cat!!!! That's what my grandkids call the machine!!!!! Pictures to follow.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well this is my progress I have put a window on and a rear seat I am now working on seat belts, I am from Utah I went ksl.com classified found a full front window that folds for $200 and thanks to the forum I put a seat from a 1955-1995 cj jeep the one that is stationary for $180 I am doing some modification for safety reason, I luv my cat it is a 2010 prowler 1000 I have read a lot of negative post against this machine but I am having a blast with mine, hope u all have a merry Christmas I know I will be out playing on my mad cat!!!! That's what my grandkids call the machine!!!!! Pictures to follow.
Glad to hear that you love your cat so much! Please post some pictures when you get a chance :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Haha I would have been too!

·
Registered
1 Posts
another newbie here. I'm 43 y/o and thinking seriously about buying a 2012 HDX 700i. It has room for 3 in the front seat so my wife and little can go with me. I dont know much about side by sides, so I've looking on the web and ran across you guys. thats for having me!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi Dave! There should be a lot of info here and please let us know if you have any questions.

·
Banned
365 Posts
hi this is de3 i have a 2006 h1 prowler bighorns 9 inch all around king shocks trail armor doors epi clutch kit mikuni carb speedwerx cdi diamond built bed cover coolflo windsheild roof autometer oil pressure and temp gauge custom steering wheel lte duals

·
Registered
244 Posts
hi this is de3 i have a 2006 h1 prowler bighorns 9 inch all around king shocks trail armor doors epi clutch kit mikuni carb speedwerx cdi diamond built bed cover coolflo windsheild roof autometer oil pressure and temp gauge custom steering wheel lte duals
Sounds awesome! Lets see some photos :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
DirTee Dave & The Bad Kitty

Hi all, I picked up this 1000 XTZ a few months ago and have been dinking with it ever since. The history of this machine is that HCR Racing and D&P Performance of Cedar City, Utah had a hand in doing some very custom suspenion and frame mods to the ride. This was built for racing and I undestand it took on King Of The Hammers at least twice. I got it from Buzz Bronsema, you can find You Tube video of him in some of his big brother rides climbing the Hammers.

The dinking part is that I am now turning it into a custom show piece for my business DirTee Apparel and will be using it in a more gentler manner, mostly rock crawling Moab and doing trail riding events to promote the biz. It is a Bad Kitty now and when I get through it will really shine. You can see my signature of my first pic when I picked it up, man was I excited. I have only taken it out once and it is nothing short of impressive.

I will need some opinions and advice as I work this over and appreciate being part of a group that shares the passion. BTW, I was a Cat lover long before owning this, my favorite quad was a 650 V Twin AC. I am looking forward to sharing my experience with you. DirTee Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone , new member . Checked out this site as well as the other brands forums to determine what side x side would be a good fit .
Found a new 2010 Prowler 550 Xt for sale at a dealer in Kentucky ,so the wife and I made a 600 mile round trip from Akron , Ohio area to check it out and bring home .
I've had a 03 Suzuki Vinson 500 for many years to use around our property and felt like it was time to move up to a side x side . Have to
say their's quite a difference between the two . Enjoying it so far , I've added a few comfort items , windshield , winch , plow , side steps and a rear bumper . Also added Dyna Mat to the interior of the engine cover and it has really dampened the engine noise to a dull roar . Actually well worth the $60 and 30 minutes time to do .
Next I'll be adding a hatch cover to the engine cowling to access the engine oil dipstick without having to remove the seats and cowling .
Arctic Cat could have done that but I guess they thought everyone loves to remove the seats and cowling daily to check the oil level !

·
Banned
365 Posts
Hi everyone , new member . Checked out this site as well as the other brands forums to determine what side x side would be a good fit .
Found a new 2010 Prowler 550 Xt for sale at a dealer in Kentucky ,so the wife and I made a 600 mile round trip from Akron , Ohio area to check it out and bring home .
I've had a 03 Suzuki Vinson 500 for many years to use around our property and felt like it was time to move up to a side x side . Have to
say their's quite a difference between the two . Enjoying it so far , I've added a few comfort items , windshield , winch , plow , side steps and a rear bumper . Also added Dyna Mat to the interior of the engine cover and it has really dampened the engine noise to a dull roar . Actually well worth the $60 and 30 minutes time to do .
Next I'll be adding a hatch cover to the engine cowling to access the engine oil dipstick without having to remove the seats and cowling .
Arctic Cat could have done that but I guess they thought everyone loves to remove the seats and cowling daily to check the oil level !
welcome to the site, thats what i thought a lot different than a 4-wheeler,i still kept all my 4- wheelers also i dont live that far from you where did you get your dynomat.its a hassle to check oil in yours a lot of members put in access doors.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Summit Racing had the Dyna Mat and it was free shipping along with some other items I purchased . They also had Wix filters for the Prowler .
I also put a half windshield on the Prowler but just ordered a piece of Lexan from Tap Plastics to make an upper windshield , $110.00 , certainly a lot cheaper than Arctic Cat or the aftermarket windshields .

·
Banned
365 Posts
Summit Racing had the Dyna Mat and it was free shipping along with some other items I purchased . They also had Wix filters for the Prowler .
I also put a half windshield on the Prowler but just ordered a piece of Lexan from Tap Plastics to make an upper windshield , $110.00 , certainly a lot cheaper than Arctic Cat or the aftermarket windshields .
yes it is,windshield cost is between 300 and 400 dollars.articcat dont even make a fold down windshield for the round cage yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
First time to site.

Hi, i am new to this forum thing. I bought a 2011 Prowler 1000. Absolutely loved the handling and stability. Then one day I started it and up came an error code P635. At the same time the code comes up, I lose the power steering and the speedometer spins from 0 to 50 and back again. I returned it to the dealer and was assured it fixed it. Well it didn't. This happened quite frequently over time. My Prowler ended up at the dealer more than with me so turned it back in to the dealer and got a new 2012 Prowler 1000. The Arctic Cat company said they'd never seen this code come up before. I find that hard to believe. Well it came up today 4 times on my new one. Has anyone heard of this before. I'm at the end of my rope.

·
Banned
365 Posts
Hi, i am new to this forum thing. I bought a 2011 Prowler 1000. Absolutely loved the handling and stability. Then one day I started it and up came an error code P635. At the same time the code comes up, I lose the power steering and the speedometer spins from 0 to 50 and back again. I returned it to the dealer and was assured it fixed it. Well it didn't. This happened quite frequently over time. My Prowler ended up at the dealer more than with me so turned it back in to the dealer and got a new 2012 Prowler 1000. The Arctic Cat company said they'd never seen this code come up before. I find that hard to believe. Well it came up today 4 times on my new one. Has anyone heard of this before. I'm at the end of my rope.
meathead,I might be wrong but I think thats the power steering code,maybe the powersteering code is P935 not sure,but some of the members said to just unplug your powersteering connection and put some diaelectric grease on the connection.but since its new I would take it back,Iam going to my articcat dealer monday and i will ask them and i will get back with you.

·
Banned
365 Posts
Hi Meathead, the P635 code is a low voltage code,can be caused from low battery,bad ground,service manager has seen this code several times on the powersteering models if your volts drop down to a certain voltage the code will appear.even if you ride around at very slow speeds with the lights on can trigger this code.it also can be in your powersteering unit.but he said very unlikely.I would make sure your battery is at full charge and test it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I appreciate the replies. The dealer has checked all voltage questions and even replaced the entire wiring harness. Are we being given a smoke screen. They told us that Arctic Cat themselves said they'd never heard of this problem. The last Prowler, they even replaced the power steering unit and the battery along with the wiring harness. Five minutes after we started it up we got the same code. I was not driving slow and the lights were not on. I'm very baffled. I do appreciate all suggestions.

·
Banned
365 Posts
I appreciate the replies. The dealer has checked all voltage questions and even replaced the entire wiring harness. Are we being given a smoke screen. They told us that Arctic Cat themselves said they'd never heard of this problem. The last Prowler, they even replaced the power steering unit and the battery along with the wiring harness. Five minutes after we started it up we got the same code. I was not driving slow and the lights were not on. I'm very baffled. I do appreciate all suggestions.
how many miles on your prowler,I do know its takes around 170 peak watts to run the power steering on these buggys,you are not the first one to have the problems,the other brands of utvs are also having some problems.did you try unplugging the unit and putting diaelectric grease and plugging back in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
new and wondering

new to this place,just bought used 05,stock,hard cab and noisey,10 & 11 yearold,seem to have got the knack of it,best place for e-brake set-up,cable bound,brakes smoked:wtf1:

41 - 60 of 85 Posts