Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O7 Prowler 650 loses power when climbing hills... Have changed belts,adjusted valves,swapped carbs and cdi boxes with my other one. also changed roller weights, out of ideas you got any please let me know before i blow this thing up........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, Rpm's drop speed drops No belt slippage (i think) My other cat will out run this with 4 people in it, and only one in this one....You thinking springs or sheaves?????

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
It sounds like a clutching issue for sure. Why did you change roller weights? What did you change them to?
Does it pull the proper RPM when on the flats? Does it only perform poorly climbing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I changed the belt and roller weight because the nut backed off and blew everything apart. But it was this way before. Rpm's on the flats are ok it will do about 45 to 50 before the rev limiter kicks in. i think the sheave is not sliding back out to let the belt slide back down, ultimatley shifting down. I took it apart cleaned it lubed the slide and weights with dry slide have not got a chance to retorque the nut and try it yet...Roller weights were a bit damaged proly going to have to change them again....

·
Registered
6 Posts
slow up hills

check head gasket mine was leaking to check take bottle of water put over flow tube from radiator leave cap on when thermostat opens if bubbles start your head gasket leaking just 1 of my many prob with 06 h1 prowler 650

1 - 6 of 6 Posts