Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI
I haven't checked in in a while, but the info I got was great. I have been having trouble with my starter relay sticking and keeps the starter running. I replaced the relay with a cheap one, and it stuck again. I ordered one from an arctic cat dealer and installed it, this one stuck too. I know it is the relay because when it sticks I can tap on the relay and the starter stops spinning. The last time I was on a long trail ride it stuck and burned up the starter. I replaced the starter and wired in a old style ford starter solenoid, it cranks just fine but sets a code p0616 and won't always start. I was wondering if any one else has had the same problem and if there is a way to get rid of the code. Thanks for any info anyone can give.
Mr yuck

·
Registered
710 Posts
Tough one! When you tap on the relay it releases? Everything else is normal? I'm grasping at straws! Is the Diode in backwards? Any signs of a loose connection? Looking at my 700 XTX wiring diagram see the neutral relay (green and black wire off the solenoid), and the red wire from the solenoid feeding the accessory fuse. I see two relays on the green wire, the neutral relay, and the S.I.G. relay. One or the other shorted out?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes if I tap on the starter relay the starter will stop spinning. Other then that everything seems to be working ok. The only thing I get is a code P0616, which keeps it from starting sometimes, when it doesn't start, it cranks but wont fire

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you fix thjis.

My 2001 Artica cat 300 4x4 does the same thing. Every solenoid I have tried sticks at some point. If I tap the solenoid it will stop it. If I tap again it will make the starter go on and continue. It will do this even if I remove the relay wire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.