Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 xtz 1000. I put 15 inch ITP wheels with BF Goodrich mud and snow tires on it. I had UTV Crap put oversize tie rods on and I put Fox Shocks on the rig.

These street tires seam to cause the front to jurk right and left when I go down a dirt road at 30 mph or above, the front end steering whonders all over. I was wondering it steering stabelizers would solve this problem or do I need to also go with the aftermarket power sterring.

I was thinking about putting two steering stabelizers on one to each tie rod.

Anyone else had this problem and found the best way to solve it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the guidance, Took it back to UTV Crap and they found one whell out of toe and a loose nut on the drivers side tie rod.. Am going to take it out next week and see itf it is ok. If not then Power steering will be added.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
steering problem

I am adding power steering anyway just because I am old and don't want to fight the wheel in rocks.

I was also told to lower the air pressure to about 15 pounds and that should make it handle better. Am going to try it out this weekend with lower air pressure before I add the power steering.

Thanks for all the good advice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.