Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story. bought new 2014 HDX this winter ran smoothly on roads with no pulling. I put tracks on it and promptly hit a hidden rock, knocked of tracks. Tracks all better. Relined up front end with 1/8 inch toe in. It tracks down the road now with wheels on just fine and the 1/8 in toe in is just slightly different than the factory setting. The problem is the steering wheel is off to the passenger side a little bit.
Question. Can I just loosen the steering wheel and center it?

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
You can do that but it is better to turn the tie rods and equal amount to turn the tires in the direction that the steering wheel is off. Turn the right and left tie rods the same amount. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
710 Posts
If the threads are equal on the tie rods for both sides, I'd center the wheel with the tires straight. If one side shows more threads I'd adjust the tierods to equal them.n Either way 1/8" toein is where these things are happy!

·
Registered
710 Posts
All in all, these things are pretty easy to work on! Pulling the one way bearing out of mine, replacing the coolant hoses, and putting a set of 25 gram rollers in the primary clutch. Need a little more top end with less RPM's!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.