Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there have Arctic Cat tiger trax on their Prowler?

I have a friend with them on his new 700, and he has been having issues. I was just wondering if anyone else out there has them on their rig, and if they have had any problems.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
What kind of issues is he having?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problems

He has been having problems with them rattling apart. Lugs and other nuts rattling loose. Lost the connection to his stabilizer. Has had to take them back into the shop 3 times. I was wondering if the tiger trax are not for the prowler, or if he just got a lemon?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I checked out the Tiger Trax before going with the Mattracks. The tiger trax didn't seem as well made. I haven't had any issues with the mattracks, plus you get an internal suspension. :happy:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a set of tracks by a company out of Canada called Tatou for my XTZ. So far no problems, I think I've put about 15 - 20 miles on them so far.

It's been a blast cruising on snow covered hill sides where the snow Mobiler's go, they are very surprised that I'm able to climb as well as I do.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The Tiger Trax aren't made for the Prowler with it's increased weight and forces acting on the Trax (they are made for ATVs which weigh alot less). AC and Tiger Trax are working on a set made just for the Prowlers though. I would go with another brand for the Prowler, either the Tatou or Mattracks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like the tatous, they are a lot lighter than the mattracks. I really like mattracks SCS system though, makes for a real smooth ride on rough terrain. I think that the tatous would be better in deep snow. but I haven't gotten stuck this winter, tracks kick Azz! :naughty:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the Kimpex Comander Trek All Season's on mine. The reason I did not but the Mattracks is because the dealers I talked to up here said the tracks don't last very long up here and that the company wasn't very easy to deal with. The Kimpex have less moving parts to go wrong. Where I live that is a plus because there isn't any dealer or shop to take it too. I did have to fab the rear brackets to work since they don't have right brackets for the 1000 at least not when I bought mine. They do great in the snow. I can't wait to try them in the mud and tundra this summer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the Kimpex Comander Trek All Season's on mine. The reason I did not but the Mattracks is because the dealers I talked to up here said the tracks don't last very long up here and that the company wasn't very easy to deal with. The Kimpex have less moving parts to go wrong. Where I live that is a plus because there isn't any dealer or shop to take it too. I did have to fab the rear brackets to work since they don't have right brackets for the 1000 at least not when I bought mine. They do great in the snow. I can't wait to try them in the mud and tundra this summer.

I here you. I live pretty close to the mattracks factory and I bought strait from them. I thought they were pretty good to deal with, but who knows, maybe I talked to them on a good day. As far as wear I ran them all summer long and no sign of wear yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The TATAU tracks get great reviews and seem to work well on every application. until arctic Cat comes up with Prowler specific tracks, i would suggest going with the Tatau's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was told the TATAU track set I bought were made just for the XTZ model. My neighbor has the Mattracks on a 700 Prowler they seem to do very well for him. They cost about 50% more than what I paid for mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone out there have Arctic Cat tiger trax on their Prowler?

I have a friend with them on his new 700, and he has been having issues. I was just wondering if anyone else out there has them on their rig, and if they have had any problems.

Thanks
I have a 2013 Arctic Prowler xtx 700 with tiger trax. The rear tracks are falling apart. The first problem was the track frame breaking off at the tensioner pivot on the rear right track. Yes breaking- it snapped in half and was expensive to have welded! Then the bearings seized in almost all of the wheels, large, small, and drive wheels, despite the meticulous maintenance I have performed to keep them clean and dry, causing the wheels to literally pop off the track. The bolt holding the anti-rotational bar on the right rear track completely snapped in two. I have gone through 11 drill bits and an easy-out trying to get it out. Arctic cat was and is absolutely horrid to deal with- no help at all- and although I love my Prowler with the tires on, their refusal to even talk with me regarding this problem is cause enough for me to never purchase another of their products and I tell about their shoddy customer service whenever I can. I have been stranded 1 and a half miles in the woods on more than one occasion because of these tracks. I also need to add that there is approximately 500 easy miles on these tracks. I use this machine only to get in and out of my home. Literally three miles a day, on a packed snow trail, at about 8 miles an hour maximum. The last issue is that Arctic Cat stopped making the snow guards for the rear tracks which was an add-on and not an included item at original purchase. The snow builds up between the wheels, freezes solid, and contributes to the strain on the wheels. Piss-poor design and even poorer customer service. Shame on you, Arctic Cat.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I bought tatou for my XTZ 1000 and when I sold it last month the tracks converted to the 2018 Ranger XP1000 EPS for $560.00 money well spent.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ive got tiger trrax on my 14 prowler, havent had any trouble with them, used them all last winter and so far this winter.seem to be pretty trouble free.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts