Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI , see it will soon be time for tires ??? was thinking RipSaw tires for my 2008 Prowler 650 H1 ?? but read in here issues with heavy tires ???? suggestions ???? thoughts ??

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have them on my 07 650 the weight hasn't been a problem.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It depends on your size. If you are going 28 inch or bigger weight is a huge concern, stock replacement size is less of a concern. I am going 28 or 29 inch so I am staying as light as possible but I am still clutching it a little.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I should add I am thinking of Zillas or Mud Lites. Staying well under the 50 lb a tire limit I am strictly enforcing on myself. Easier on bearings, gear ratio, shocks, steering etc. If I break an axle I will upgrade but I service my bike top to bottom and do not drive like its stolen.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm still running the stock size, if were to get larger I would have to take your advice and check into clutch work.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have tried Zillas and Mud lites tires, both of them are good atv and utv tires. They are inexpensive but reliable tires. The thing is that you should avoid getting to large tires. If ever you upgrade the size make sure to get next bigger size from stock size to avoid additional wear and tear to your transmission and clutch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.