Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner

twisted stitch vs beard seats

19K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  Mavic19 
#1 · (Edited)
first off, new here, i just got the cat 1000 about a week ago and man this thing is sweet. now im looking at seats probably twisted stitch or beard what do you guys think what holds up better and what is more comfortable? are the front seats that much of an improvement or keep the stocks in front and go with a suspension bench cage and 3 points on the way.
thanks
________
Lovely Wendie99

#7 ·
When I shopped around there wasn't a lot of choices for seats for the XTZ, TS only offered the cruiser for the prowler unless you cut the side bar then you can go with the aggressor that's what I did with a full cage and doors, witch I recommend doors even if you don't go with the full cage, the Aggressor seat's are still a little to upright on the stock base mount, I shimmed the front bolt's couple of inches and now they feel really good.
If you can sit in as many seats that fit the XTZ as you can, seats are something you only want to buy once. good luck

#9 ·
for the XTZ we built the seat frames for the twisted stitch vortex seats to fit in with out cutting anything. i dont know the difference in the 650 or older models. but they have a special frame they use that we made for them on the vortex. im sure now they have the dimensions, its only time til they make more

#19 ·
Thanks for the reply Johnny, looks like TS Vortex's it is for my build up.

#29 ·
After reading the thread, it doesn't appear that anyones chimed in about using Beard seats. I have a 42" Beard seat that I installed in my 09 XTX 700 and we absolutely love it. It has a solid build quality and very comfortable. The only issue I had wasn't with the seat itself it was that I had to fabricate a custom mount to use the seat as Beard only makes 42" mounts for Kawasaki and Yamaha. For Prowlers, they have a separate 48" seat and mount. The reason I got the 42" instead of the 48" is that I got a killer deal on it through a friend that had it for a season in his Rhino and decided to sell his machine. Anyoo....just thought I'd chime in for the Beard side of things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.