Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my first 08 650 prowler and have been wondering what kind of mods or upgrades I can do to really help the performance of my prowler so any suggestions would be appreciated

·
Registered
710 Posts
650 can be updated with a CDI that raises the RPM limit, also exhaust systems are available, plus a performance carburetor. Web Cams offers a reground camshaft that gives better low/mid range response. SpeedWerx offers parts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey there, I am also a new owner of a 2015 Prowler.
As for the mods, I plan on replacing my muffler and upgrade headlights to something brighter.
As for the LEDs, I will not do anything until I make sure they won't cause any problems with the electrical system. You know, those failures, bulb out errors, etc. Also, I'd like to know, if load resistors are required if I decide to go that LED route?
https://www.motorcycleid.com/race-sport/load-resistors-mpn-3ohm75watt.html Is 3 ohm/75 watt enough, or it depends on the LEDs?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have a 2009 700 XTX, I've been using a Big Gun exhaust on mine. Headlights are a problem due to what is available. I use SuperBrite retrofit fog lights on mine, but the kit has been dis-continued. Any LED that will it the 881 socket is a might work solution at best. Trial and error could be costly.AC did offer a HID kit at one point in time, but the really tax the electrical system! I did add Ford Mustang fog lights with LED lights to mine and they helped greatly. No ballast required

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.