Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Gentleman, I know by the title of this thread it seems like I'm trying to ignite a heated battle of rank your top choice, but I'm not. I'm in the process of doing a bunch of various upgrades to my machine to make it not only stand out from the pack of "stock" machines I run with but also improve the overall ride. Currently I'm running the stock shocks that came on the machine and, while they do a decent job, I'd like to upgrade to a higher quality suspension.

I've looked at each of the above brands and, while there is some variance in cost, to the untrained eye (or one who hasn't had experience utilizing a piggy-back shock), they all look the same to me.

I'm right at the point of pulling the trigger on a full set of the Walker Evans shocks because I've heard some good things about them but would like to get some feedback from anyone who is actually running a set of any of the above on their machine. I know guys running Teryx's and Rhino's running them, but each machine has a slightly different geometry and handles differently so it's like comparing apples to oranges. Thoughts?

·
Banned
365 Posts
I run kings with the 13 click compression cans,had great service,the back ones wasn't right for me. all I did was send them back and they re-valved them and put new springs on them,and only charged me shipping.now there great .I have more adj than I will ever use.now on the walker evans you have to run the rear shocks with the cans at the bottom or run wheel spacers if not the tire will rub the cans.but they are good shocks also.:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's an interesting bit to know about the Walker Evans shocks. Seems weird they'd design a shock for the Prowler with an issue like that.

I've read some great stuff about the KINGS shocks. Great customer service these days is invaluable. And the cans on those don't stick out so far you have rubbing issues? Sweet.

·
Banned
365 Posts
That's an interesting bit to know about the Walker Evans shocks. Seems weird they'd design a shock for the Prowler with an issue like that.

I've read some great stuff about the KINGS shocks. Great customer service these days is invaluable. And the cans on those don't stick out so far you have rubbing issues? Sweet.
the cans on the kings dont point towards the tires,they point towards the front of the prowler,the walker evans cans point towards the tires,I have a friend that runs walker evans and really likes them.you can get the kings without the adjustable cans,they still have the cans you just cant adj them.

·
Banned
365 Posts
I think I got a picture of them on the photo gallery or my profile page.

·
Banned
365 Posts
there great shocks,I think if you run 1''1/2 wheel spacers you can mount them upward.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.