Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are you looking to trade stock seat for something else..Or do you just need a set to have a set. The reason I ask is because I am looking for bucket seats to put in mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a set of stock bucket seats out of a 2015 1000 xt ,Im interesed in selling ,these have only been used 1 time, i don?t know if they will fit yours

·
Registered
705 Posts
I used Scat ProCar seats in mine, Extreme Series for driver side, Terrain Series for the passenger side. Ordered out of Jegs, no shipping fee! Forgot to mention that Scat has dimensions of their seats on their site, I found 4 series that would fit a Prowler. Price's were a big surprise!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys new here but just have a few questions about the 2014 xtx700. Is it common to have poor idling issues at start up? Have a charter at sudden stops or going to quick on a down hill, almost sounds like transmission chatter or brakes not to sure as I just heard it and haven't dug into the issue yet? Also diff oil coming out of the rear vent? I bought this machine used with low miles and have only been out a few times and already noticed these issues. I am hoping they are common and not just my machine! Thanks in advance for any tips or help!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Poor idling is usually a bad plug. There is no idle adjustment on the EFI models. The chatter is the rear brake. Sounds like the end of the world! LOL Main complaint on the Prowler for all years! There are numerous fixes to solve the issue. 1) Replace the Rotor, as it may be warped, 2) Replace the Anti-Rattle springs on the rear caliper, 3) Add a piece of rubber to the anti-rattle springs, 4) Convert to 4 wheel brakes, and 5) Learn to live with it! LOL The rear differential leaking out of the vent is a sign of either the bladder leaking, or the differential lube is over filled. Should be about 1/2"-1" below fill plug. There should be a bladder on the vent line. Keep your oil changed, keep the air filter clean, and enjoy! I use a good quality synthetic oil in mine, I change it every 300-600 miles depending on use (dust will kill these things pretty quick!), make sure any oil you use is wet clutch compatible. AC just released a 10/50 synthetic that many have switched too. The air filter should have a foam pre-filter (behind the passenger seat), and the main filter in the air box above the engine. The main filter is foam with a spray oil treatment. Be careful not to apply too much. I use the Arctic Cat Store for parts look up, and they have fairly decent diagrams for each category in the parts book. I have an 09 XTX, and it has been a great machine! Biggest cause of failure is neglect, and abuse!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awesome thanks for the info! Yeah I figured since this machine is new to me I will start with fresh oils and at least that way I know where I stand. The chatter hasn't happened again so I will live with it for now lol. The rear diff oil seemed to be good once I changed it and left it about 3/4 of an inch below the fill plug. I will try out a new plug next ride. Took it out for 80 mile ride today and everything worked good. Machine handles awesome in the snow so far. Once again thanks for any help or tips!

·
Registered
705 Posts
We really enjoy our Prowler! The 700 engine has a great history, very durable, easy to work on. With the engine braking, I don't use the brakes all that much. The brake chatter is minimal. No snow here yet! I have an early 700XTX with the Turf Saver rear end (posi-trac), I also have a locked rear end on my shelf that I want to put in for winter to see if it makes any difference. Mine has been idling erratically the last couple of days, think I picked up a bad load of gas! Might as well try and burn it out! Stay connected, Prowler sites are few in number!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts