Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently finished removing my One-way clutch bearing. Everything went back together just fine, ran and drove perfect. No smoke, no oil in anti-freeze but now my oil is white. I changed the oil, refilled it and once again it is white. Still no smoking, starts perfect. Any ideas? Is there something we did wrong?

·
Registered
108 Posts
White oil....... = water in the oil...... Just oil did not get in your antifreeze does not mean antifreeze can't get in your oil.

Pressure test your cooling system..

Maybe try some motor flush that water can hide in some nooks and cranny's and take quite a few oil changes to get out.

I sunk mine and did 5 oil changes in a row.....(same day) to get my oil all clean again.
I used cheap napa oil as I only ran it 5min at a time then good syn at the end once the oil was good comming out.
I changed oil 2x's then put a new filter on. 2x's more then a filter and oil change and looked good after that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pressure check was fine. I have changed it 3 times already but I did forget the filter would be holding the bad oil too. I do notice the oil is looking a little better each time I change it. I have to pick up a few new filters and I am going to continue changing it until clean. Thanks for the input, every little tip helps. I thought I just got a little water in the wrong place when I cracked the case to take out the one-way clutch bearing. Stay tuned, I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Still curious as to how you remove the engine brake. The one way clutch bearing is the engine brake? So you just completely remove that bearing and put it all back together?

I ask because my motor is tore apart so I'd like to remove the engine brake while its apart. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.