Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi have a 2008 650 Prowler i just bought , was going to foam my engine cover for noise , and was still thinking on intake how to improve it ?? are there kits out there ??

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I just finished mine today I used the 2010 intake and prefilter and I only used the 2010 CVT intake tube with prefilter I didnt like how the 2010 CVT exhaust gets pointed down so I used my 2009 CVT Exhaust tube.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes i would like any new ideas !! thank you
Hi again , well just finished up my intake snorke !!! took a piece of exhaust pipe 2 /1/4 inch , it is the size or rubber elbow coming off air cleaner box , did have to notch my rear box , brought it almost to top of cab and put a 90 degree and then cut it off down side flush , i have a exhaust bender , so made it easy for me , but i only have 4 bends in the pipe , most exhaust shop chg by the bend , so not to bad to pay for to have it done , going to try it out tonight and if it works great , will post pictures of it !!! was reading in manual , says clean every 100 miles ????? heck i can put 200 on easy in a day ?? so will let you know how much dirt i get on a few rides !!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi !! will have to take it apart and post some pictures , 350 miles on new system , air filter has very little dirt on it , not worth cleaning yet , mileage is holding at 22.87 MPG since i did the change to a snorke . the mileage is all dirt back roads and trails in the mountains , town is at 4590 elevation and i play up over 8000 feet for these mileage reading , so very happy !!!! will try to take it apart this week and post some pictures for everyone , very simple design , easy to make , and not much cost , think it will off set price of building it soon from saving on cleaner on air filter

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.