Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just finished adding a windshield to my 2016 HDX 500. I installed a Super ATV flip up windshield and it's great. The install was simple, and thankfully, because there weren't any instructions. The link I provided actually has instructions on it. I recommend removing the film that comes on the screen before you install it; at least the parts of the film that are under the brackets. The only way to fully remove the film is to unscrew the brackets and pull the film off. I tried doing that while the screen was on the cat, and it was a pain to get the brackets lined back up. I used the included rubber boot to seal the top instead of the bottom. I have a soft bimini top and the two fit well; until I get the cat up to about 20mph and then the top blows open in the middle. I will have to fix that part of the top to the windshield somehow. I had it fixed to the roll cage with the included velcro strip, but that doesn't work with the windshield. I put the other strip of weather stripping along the bottom of the shield to close up that gap. The cover needs to overlap the windshield, not be tucked in behind. $375 shipped for the windshield was the best price for a windshield I could find.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.