Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reverse.

It is beyond the throttle solution. I have attempted that. Not sure whether or not I should attempt to adjust the cable at the shifter and deal with the pattern not matching up or try to turn the cam a click or two at the tranny.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is an adjustment at the front below the shifter. There is not any adjustment at the tranny side. You can loosen the lock nut, slide the cable out, make the adjustment, put it back and ticghten the lock nut. I had to do this after about 10 hours. Has been fine since.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I figured it out! I had to make adjustments at both ends of the cable. In my particular problem, the cable was already at its limit at the shifter end. I therefore, had to remove the cable from the shifter linkage to allow for slack at the other end. I removed the retaining screw on the cam lever at the transmission pulled off the cam lever and turned it three teeth on the gear. I then tightened up the transmission end and then had midrange of the cable to adjust at the shifter end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.