Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
STUMPED!!! bought the alternator from utv crap last year and installed. new battery. I charge the battery fully, tests good. run the machine all day with no problems. go to start the next day and its stone dead. ideas???? :wtf1:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Disconnect the battery lead from the alt and put an AMP meter in line (all DVM's have them and are 10amp) and see what it draws. Or put a lightbulb in line and if it glows or lights up then the rectifier is bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I'm new to this site I have 09 and 2010 prowler 1000 and my 10 had the same problem on mine it is the stator there is a recall on this year the stator's bolts come lose and it comes apart in side. Mine is all tore apart on my shop floor waiting for parts .the new stator comes attached on cover check your flywheel as mine got tore up and needs to be replaced as well .hope this helps
Ron

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey I'm new to this site I have 09 and 2010 prowler 1000 and my 10 had the same problem on mine it is the stator there is a recall on this year the stator's bolts come lose and it comes apart in side. Mine is all tore apart on my shop floor waiting for parts .the new stator comes attached on cover check your flywheel as mine got tore up and needs to be replaced as well .hope this helps
Ron
He was talking about the add-on alt kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.