Arctic Cat Prowler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Considering the Prowler HDX 700.
As I am not mechanically inclined, how much routine maintenance can I expect annually? I can do an oil change, but not much more.
i.e. Does the drive belt require adjusting regularly? Suspension?

Thanks in advance for any help.....

·
Registered
710 Posts
Oil, and Filter. Depending on the riding conditions you can go up to 1,000 miles between oil changes using a synthetic oil. I change mine about 4 times a year unless it is extremely dusty. Air filter monthly, just clean and re-oil (careful not to over oil), check front and rear differential lube levels. The belt seldom needs attention, and no adjustment is needed. Only time the belt is an issue is if it starts to slip, and that only happens when using the wrong gear, or oil got in the belt cover. Their is a free service manual you can download at K&T lawn and garden, it has a maintenance schedule in it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had an 09 XTZ1000. The only thing I didn't like was a general feeling of instability at speeds of 45 and up. Will the new 700 do more than 50 and feel stable doing it? What kind of range will it get on 2 track good dirt roads? Does anyone know the hp output on the 700?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have a 2009 700 XTX that will run in the 60's (28" tires, Clutch Kit), the stock motor is about 45HP, hard to find any documents that support this. The factory specs call for 1/2 - 3/4" toe out. I re-set mine to 1/8" in. I run 35-45 on two tracks without any problems. My suspension is stock, and set up towards the softer side. I have knobby street tires on mine now and they require 28PSI of air. I also have a set of Big Horns and they are great on the two tracks! Tire selection helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.